HOW TO MAKE AN OFFER ON A HOUSE? HERE’S MY TOP ADVICE TO ENSURE IT’S ACCEPTED
IF THERE’S ONE THING I KNOW ABOUT ESTATE AGENTS, IT’S THAT THEY LIKE AN EASY LIFE WHEN BUYERS MAKE AN OFFER ON A HOUSE.
If you’re planning to make an offer on a house, it’s CRUCIAL you show the estate agent that you are a keen, organised, buyer. Estate agents not only advise their clients on price, but also the buyers motivation.
You are going to want to package yourself as the preferred buyer, there a few simple ways of doing this.
Firstly, speak to the agent to submit your offer verbally AND follow up with an email. The email is CRUCIAL (and rarely done) as in the email, you are going to supply all the info an estate agent needs to put the offer through to the seller:
- Buyers full names
- Your buying position i.e. current property on the market, nothing to sell, buying to let, first time buyer etc. If your current property is under offer, please also supply your estate agents name and contact details.
- Your chosen solicitors contact details. If you haven’t yet chosen one, don’t worry, just say you are happy to use the agents preferred solicitors, this will really go in your favor.
- Your mortgage advisors contact details
- A copy of your mortgage agreement in principle. This is very important as it will show the agent you are organised and know how much you can afford
- Proof of mortgage deposit
- Any preferred dates for completion i.e. maybe you have to give notice on your rental property or maybe the buyer of your current property has requested a certain date.
- Finally, your offer amount
This offer process will help your offer be accepted by showing the agent that you are a serious, motivated, organised buyer.
For more advice, check out my other blogs here: http://www.perrypower.co.uk/blog/